Wrongful Death Attorney in Forsyth County
Supporting Grieving Families During a Challenging Time
One of the most painful experiences a family can go through together is losing a loved one, especially if their loved one was taken away from them suddenly in an accident. Unexpected loss involves a wide range of emotions, including depression, anger, and helplessness. If your family member’s accident was caused by negligence, your family may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses in a wrongful death lawsuit. Though compensation can’t bring back the person you love or reduce your pain, it can at least help your family pay for damages so you can focus on healing. The Musgrove Law Firm is available and accessible to clients in need. Our wrongful death attorney in Forsyth County provides personalized, compassionate service to all clients and can pursue justice on behalf of your family.
What is Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death claim can be filed after a person dies due to another person or entity’s negligence. Wrongful death claims can arise from a variety of fatal accidents, including auto accidents, boating accidents, premises liability, and more. A wrongful death claim can be filed if a person dies immediately in the accident, or passes away from their injuries while in the hospital.
At-fault parties that are commonly sued by surviving family members of the deceased individual include:
- Drivers and employers in auto accidents
- Designers or builders of damaged or faulty roads
- Product manufacturers or designers
- Property owners
- Boat operators or owners
- Bars, restaurants, and other establishments that served alcohol to impaired drivers
It’s important to note that in certain cases, some people or agencies can be immune from wrongful death lawsuits. Some federal laws provide immunity to parties in railroad crashes and product liability cases involving defective medical devices. Hiring and consulting a personal injury lawyer can help you determine if you’re able to legally and successfully file a claim against the at-fault party in your unique case.
A wrongful death claim can be filed by a family member who represents the survivors who suffered damages from the victim’s death. The representative is typically the executor of the victim’s estate, though this varies based on individual state laws.
Some parties who may be eligible to file a claim on behalf of the deceased include:
- Immediate family members: In all states, immediate family members are considered to be the deceased’s spouse, children, and their parents if the deceased was unmarried.
- Life partners and financial dependents: Domestic or life partners, as well as anyone who was financially dependent on the deceased at the time of the accident, can have the right to recovery in some states.
- Distant family members: In some states, distant family members like siblings and grandparents can file wrongful death lawsuits, such as in the case where the grandparent was in charge of raising a child who passed away.
Begin the healing process today. Call our Forsyth County wrongful death attorney at (470) 347-1515 for compassionate and understanding legal advocacy in your potential injury case.
As a law firm working on behalf of everyday people, we understand that your finances may have taken a hit from damages related to your loved one’s accident. You may have had to pay out-of-pocket for medical bills, and your family may have been financially dependent on the deceased and have now lost income.
Our attorney has the resources and skills needed to strengthen your claim and hold negligent parties responsible for damages, including:
- Medical bills such as costs of ambulances, hospital stays, and surgeries
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost wages or loss of income
- Loss of companionship
We meet our clients one-on-one because you deserve individualized attention and accessibility from the get-go. Your case impacts your family’s future and we want to help ensure that it’s a secure and healthy one.
No Fees, Unless We Win
Home & Hospital Visits
Work Directly With the Attorney
Personalized & Passionate Representation